IT'S IN OUR CULTURE
Taylor Design also supports a corporate culture of sustainability, through wellness programs, professional development and office initiatives, which empowers staff to make a positive impact on projects and beyond. For projects large and small, across all markets and levels of complexity, we seek opportunities with clients to integrate sustainable principles. By setting goals in a collaborative manner at the outset – with respect to energy, water, materials, site selection and more – and leveraging 3-D building models and experiential technologies, like VR – we’re better equipped to run efficient projects, developing, iterating and refining effective design concepts earlier in the process.
LEED CERTIFIED PROJECTS
- San Mateo Health System Administration Building – Targeting LEED Silver and Zero Net Energy
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center Campus – LEED-NC for Healthcare under a LEED Master Site
- Don Knabe Wellness Center at Rancho Los Amigos – LEED Gold
- Rancho Los Amigos Outpatient Building/Jaquelin Perry Institute Expansion – LEED Silver
- Rancho Los Amigos Rehabilitation Center Warehouse – LEED Silver
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland Outpatient Center – Targeting LEED Silver for Healthcare
- Kaiser Permanente Market Street Medical Office Building – LEED Silver
- Kaiser Permanente Antelope Valley Medical Offices – LEED Gold, Targeting Zero Net Energy
- UCSF ACC 5 Heart & Vascular Renovation – LEED Certified
- UCSF ACC2 – Targeting LEED Certification
- Hoag Hospital Irvine Renovation – LEED C.I. Silver
- Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Public Health – LEED Gold
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Building 41 – LEED Gold
SUSTAINABLE DESIGN AWARDS
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center – 2019 Sustainable Real Estate Award, Los Angeles Business Council & Mexico Association of Real Estate Developers (ADI)
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center – Winner 2017 US Green Building Council Los Angeles – Sustainable Innovation Award, Health & Wellbeing
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center – Winner 2017 US Green Building Council Los Angeles – Sustainable Innovation Award, Social Equity
- Kaiser Permanente Antelope Valley Medical Offices – Winner 2016 Modern Healthcare Environmentally Friendly Award
In collaboration with our internal management team, Taylor Design kept the progress moving, stayed on schedule, and provided design leadership throughout the project. The team made the most of the design opportunities presented to deliver as many enhancements as the budget allowed in line with the UCSD Vision and Brand, and provided cost effective and innovative solutions.
In my 17 years of working with Kaiser, this was the best accessibility punch walk I have had... give yourselves a pat on the back as well. It has been a pleasure working with all of you.
The Women’s Pavilion is the example of how a well-run project goes when there is collaboration between the owner, architect, contractor and inspectors. Pound for pound, it is the smoothest running project in Southern California.